1. Where are you from?
I’ve been living in Rome all my life, but have travelled around the world a lot.
2. Why do you rent out your place?
I enjoy working in the tourism industry.
3. Why 9flats?
I’m always looking for new channels to give my accommodation more visibility.
4. What kind of traveller should book your place?
Anyone, but it’s particularly convenient for families and groups.
5. How do you get to know your guest before they arrive?
I contact them via email to give them advice about how to reach the flat, and some more tourist information about public transport, the opening hours of the main museums etc…
6. What do you offer your guests as a treat?
I try to make them feel at home and not to leave them alone in a city they don’t know. I make sure they know I’m available if they have any problems, or even just for some tips.
7. What’s your best insider travel tip in your area?
It depends a lot on the time of year. I manage the apartment with a travel guide who knows all the hidden treasures of the city. That’s why I can give tips about places from ancient Rome that are not always open to the public, about where to buy tickets online so you don’t have to stand in line, how to recognise illegal taxi drivers and the costs for local transport.
8. What’s your most memorable travel experience?
9. What's your personal travel philosophy?
To do as little planning as possible, usually only the first few days of the trip, and to merge into the local culture.