9 questions to Florian
1. Where are you from?
Kassel (where the Documenta art festival is held), but I’ve lived in Berlin since 2000.
2. Why do you rent out your place?
Because I want to realise a dream, because I wanted to get to know people from all over the world, because I wanted a better financial standing. I also have a host chromosome (which still needs confirming).
3. Why 9flats?
9flats is one of the most professional sites and I get most of my bookings through you. Thanks for this.
4. What type of traveller should book your place?
I'm not really too picky, but I like it when guests choose me because they like the apartment or neighbourhood. When I can host extraordinary people, even better! Irresponsible, ignorant people have found the wrong address.
5. What do you enjoy about being a host?
Giving guests as much support as I can, while at the same time, giving them the freedom to discover on their own. This is what I hope to achieve: keeping a distance but helping them feel at home.
6. What is your most memorable travel experience?
There are too many... Bali, Thailand, Morocco, Spain, Cuba, Germany...
7. What is your personal travel philosophy?
Have the confidence to explore new paths, to discover new people and learn about your life.
8. If you could pick next guest, who would it be?
Santa Claus. What a question!
9. How have you changed your decor or how you use your home since listing your place?
I completely renovated the apartment. I only decided to list with 9flats after you launched in 2011, complete the apartment 2010 through planned and implemented.