9 questions to Tim
1. Where are you from?
Originally from Korea. Otherwise, from the (extended) suburbs of Hamburg: Buchholz in Nordheide. I’ve lived in Hamburg for the last five years.
2. Why do you rent out your place?
I'm on the road quite often, so when I’m not in my flat, someone else stays there and I can earn a little on the side.
3. Why 9flats?
Because I get most of my bookings from 9flats.
4. How have you changed your decor since listing your place?
Actually, I haven’t changed anything. My guests can see exactly how I live.
5. What do you offer your guests as a treat?
I leave my iPad there, and my guests are allowed to use everything in the apartment.
6. What do you enjoy about being a host?
I'm happy when my guests feel comfortable, and find my Hamburg tips useful.
7. What’s your best insider travel tip in your area?
In the Portuguese area, you have to go to Casa Franco in Rambachstraße. You’ll eat what the owner bought that very morning in the local market. Delicious, fresh fish.
8. What's your personal travel philosophy?
I love to stay in design hotels, in good areas.
9. What’s your most memorable travel experience?
Four weeks in Shanghai for a language course: smog, noise, parties, shopping and delicious food.