1. Why do you rent out your place?
To earn a complementary income.
2. Why 9flats?
Because you have a good reputation in Europe, and in particular in Germany.
3. What kind of traveller should book your place?
Tourists and business travellers.
4. What do you offer your guests as a treat?
A bottle (wine or champagne, according to the length of their stay) and seasonal confectionery (currently biscuit and caramels with salted butter from Mont St-Michel). I also provide drinks (orange juice, coke, beer, coffee, tea), sugar and shower gel.
5. What do you enjoy about being a host?
Talking with people from many different nationalities.
6. What's your best/funniest hosting story?
The most interesting/amusing thing is to discover the guests customs/traditions, according to where they’re from. For example, Russian people will unplug all the lights to do you a favour, while some Chinese guests, who aren’t used to sleeping in European beds, will sleep underneath the bed and ask for more blankets.
7. What’s your most memorable travel experience?
I was invited to dinner by a Burmese family.
8. What's your personal travel philosophy?
Enjoy the good life and discovering new things.
9. If you could host anyone in the world as your next guest, who would it be?
A Thai family.